Due Date: Friday, August 17th (4th and 5th grade)/ Monday, August 18th (3rd grade)
Today, we started our first project in math called "MATH about ME"! Each child is challenged to brainstorm how math occurs in his or her daily life. Each grade level received a slightly different set of directions tailored to their learning levels. Here is a summary of what each grade level received:
MATH about ME!
Here are some ideas for your “MATH about ME!” project, but these are only suggestions! I encourage you to brainstorm more ways you can describe yourself using numbers!
Also, I’ve posted my example online for you to share with your family. Remember, it was only an example to remind you to make your numbers BIG and BOLD and use lots of color! I know that yours will be so much more “Rossome”!
Ideas to help you brainstorm: (all grades)
• My birthday is 04/01/02.
• My house number is 2905.
• I am 4 feet 10 inches tall.
• I have 2 brothers.
• The number on my basketball jersey is 15.
• There are 9 players on my baseball team.
• My bedroom is 3 different colors.
• On vacation, we drove over 500 miles.
Want an extra challenge? (all grades)
Can you use an addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division sentence to describe your number? For instance:
• The number on my jersey is 5 x 3.
• I am 2 inches less than 5 feet tall.
Want to try something even more challenging? (fourth or fifth grade)
Can you use a fraction or a decimal in your numerical expression?
• I have 3 ½ - 1 ½ brothers.
• There are 4.5 + 4.5 players on my basketball team.
Want to really stretch your brain? (fifth grade)
Can you write an equation in which X would give you the number for your sentence?
• My house number is X when X – 100 = 2805.
• On vacation, we drove over X miles when X ÷ 2 = 250.
And, as promised, here is my (lovely) example! I know that what the kids come up with will be so much more impressive, but I hope this example will help you as you get started.

Hello, it is Casey I am sorry that the picture want come up I'm going to do my homework now.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Casey! I'm glad that the picture finally worked out!
ReplyDeleteGreat job getting that homework done!
:)
Ms.Liner