There are a couple of topics we've been discussing in science for which the students have expressed an interest in links to more information.First, we have been discussing the delicate balance of an ecosystem and how it can be disrupted through either human or natural means. Of particular interest to the students were the "alien" species which have been transplanted to the United States either on purpose or by accident. Here is a link to more information on these non-native species which can be very disruptive to an ecosystem. (Think of kudzu or pigeons, for example!)
Also, we have been discussing the various relationships that can exist between organisms within an ecosystem. We examined a variety of predator/prey relationships and how the growth or decline of one population can affect another. And, we looked at the symbiotic relationships represented in parasitism, commensalism, and mutualism.
Several students missed the PowerPoint presentation on these relationships, so I am providing the link below:
If you find any other great resources on ecosystems, let me know! I'd love to include your links!
:)
Ms.Liner Im In 7th Grade Now. OMG.. I See You And Your Kids At The Ymca Sometimes.. But If I Come Up To You I Think You Would Of Forgot Me.. So I Just Stay Away And By The Way This Is Jessica Friauf If You Didnt Know..I Miss You Like Crazy Gurl.. Ur The Best Teacher In The Whole WORLD!! I Love You!!!!!! <33
ReplyDeleteHey Ms. Liner,
ReplyDeleteYou may not remember me but I had you for fifth grade back in 2001. I was just thinking about you and a Google Search brought me here. Anyways, I thought I would say hello and let you know I thought you were a great teacher.
Sincerely,
Justin Bond
PS- Do you still use the phrase 'clear as mud?' a lot? That used to think that was so funny.
Justin and Jessica! HI!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited that you both found me here! I love it when former students "drop by" for a visit! :)
Jessica,
Of course I remember you! However, you kids seem to grow up so fast that it's often hard to recognize you! You never look like my precious little 5th graders for long! You start looking like beautiful, grown up young ladies and young men! Please stop by and say HI sometime! I would love to visit and catch up with you!
And, Justin -
Absolutely I remember you! So very well! How are you and your family? Isn't Google amazing! I'm so glad it led you here! Yes, our math lessons are still 'clear as mud'! LOL! So funny that you remember that! I would love to hear what you're doing these days!
Both of you are welcome to email me anytime! My email address is: sliner@clevelandschools.org
Thank you SO VERY much for saying hello! Can't wait to catch up with you both soon!
Much love,
Ms. Liner :)
Hey..... It is Drew! I can confirm Ms. Liner still uses "clear as mud." Yes, that is clear as mud!
ReplyDeleteDrew, you are so funny! Yes, it is clear as mud! LOL!
ReplyDelete:)
Ms. Liner
xD...i don't get it..
ReplyDelete